Well, we are off to Marfa Texas this weekend. It is about a 9 hour drive. Madison is staying with Rob's mom. Not 9 hour drive with a 2 year old, thank you very much...
As I think about the 4th of July, I start thinking about all the great memories I have as a child, participating in the neighborhood parade and the great carnival that followed it. Growing up it was probably my most favorite holiday because I got to ride my bike in the morning with all the decorations I put on it, then I got to eat hot dogs, and then we would always go to my grandma and grandpas on the lake and swim, bar-b-que (with the best turkey, brats and baked beans you can imagine!!!) and then at night we would go out on the lake and watch the fireworks. What I wouldn't give for those days again.
Now I actually cringe when I think of America... And without getting into crazy politics here, I just wish that I could experience now the joy I felt as a child, the thrill of being in the greatest country in the world, and I can't. At least not at this moment.
Maybe it was childhood memories. I am sure there were just as many issues than with America then as there are now. But now that I am an adult, I am sad because so far, my child has not been able to experience the JOY I had on the Fourth of July. Maybe one day soon she will. I hope. We can't even have fireworks because there has been a burn ban in effect because it just won't rain... Maybe some of the water in Wisconsin can come down here. :)
Well, That seems like a really depressing post. It isn't supposed to be. It was just some thoughts...
Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July. And may all the Great Forces (Whatever or whoever they are) look over this wonderful country and help us get back on the right track....
No comments:
Post a Comment