The first 2 weeks have been good! Hana is sleeping pretty well, ok really well, and Madison is adjusting to being a big sister. She seems OK with it a lot of the time so that is good.
My mom was here until June 1st and then my sister came in on the 3rd. She is here until the 13th, Saturday. Last weekend was out first "big" outing and we went into Houston and went to the Natural History Museum, and the butterfly museum. Madison LOVED it. The dinosaurs were a big hit, as were the butterflies. Hana slept for most of it. :)
My sister has been great at making me rest. I keep getting up to do things and she makes me sit on the couch which is exactly what I need to be doing, to heal up and get my energy back. But we have gone for a few walks and we are going to do another short one today. It feels good to get out! Yesterday my big trip was to the mail box and frankly that will drive me nuts to be stuck inside all day! We also made cookies yesterday, but mostly I just nursed Hana and rested on the couch.
Hana had her 2 week checkup and she was 9 lbs, 8 ozs. Her birth weight was 8 lbs 1 oz. Most babies loose weight and are supposed to be back to their birth weight by 2 weeks. My babies don't loose weight. :) way to go booby milk.
I have been thinking a lot about my birth experience and I know now that this one helped me emotionally heal from the last one. I have been trying to share my experience with people who need to hear it is possible, (those who also had "unnecessary" c/s the first time, and what to do a VBAC) and I hope that I have inspired them. One friend in particular that I have been thinking a lot about is Catherine. She & I have such similar yet different first experiences, that I have all the faith and hope in the world for her that when she decides to have another child, she will have as awesome of a second birth as I did. I also am thinking about starting a c/s support group here since to my knowledge there is no such thing, just to help others heal as well. Though with 2 kids, that might me taking on more than I can handle right now...
Pictures soon, I promise!
1 comment:
Oh, your post was so sweet! I'm thrilled that Hana is gaining so well! I think a VBAC support group is a wonderful idea, and you know I will participate from afar. :)
Post a Comment