So - I am posting this, not as a reminder to me of where I was but as a signal of how far I have come. April is Cesarean Awareness month (1 in 3 women will have a c/s!!!) but really July is my c/s awareness month, since that is when Madison was born. My friend Catherine posted this on her blog, and I had read this before - before Hana was born and I cried and cried because it was so fitting to the emotions. And it still is spot on as to how you feel after an unnecessary c/s. And in all the ways I have tried to explain to someone about what I was going through, this is a great example. And look how far I've come!
http://ican-online.org/community/users/ican-blog/blog/healthy-baby-all-matters
I am STRONG advocate of natural birth, breast feeding and VBAC's. I am severely anti-cesarean section (except in a true emergency) and pretty anti-hospital and doctors. Though there are many many GOOD DOCTORS out there. Like the one I had the second time around. So I am still on a mission to try and help at least 1 person. If I can help that 1 person, then maybe what I went through is all worth it after all. Because sometimes having the healthy baby just really isn't enough.
2 comments:
You have already helped me tremendously!
That's a great way of thinking about it and helps us understand. Glad you shared that. :)
Post a Comment