Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Liquid Gold

So, this in really something that only the breast-feeding mommies will understand. But I had to throw out a 3.5 oz bottle this morning. I pumped it on friday and tried to give it to Hana last night but she was tired so she only took an ounce. It's the first one I have thrown out this time around. With Madison, she never would take the bottle so I was always throwing it out. Plus I was home with her so it was more like liquid silver, not gold -

Though on the flip side, I can pump off about 8 oz every morning (after she eats) in about 5 minutes, so maybe it isn't liquid gold at all for me... Maybe it had always been liquid aluminum. Or maybe with the weight my babies gain, it is liquid bacon fat... you know, important and valuable during times of famine, depression and war, but totally under-appreciated the rest of the time.

No comments: