OK, maybe not the most interesting of posts, but seriously. if you EVER bake, you HAVE to get this pan
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=550&f=25441
I tried to get a photo on here but I couldn't load one from the site. Anyway. Brownies (from a box) turn out PERFECTLY. evenly cooked all the way through and no cracking. I make banana bread in this too. Same result. I have the large one as well and have made enchiladas in it and they also were perfect. Not trying to dis on anything but I will never use a Pyrex glass pan again! Seriously. Completely worth buying it. Plus it is a good looking pan that you can take straight to the table!
Here is my banana bread recipe:
(like Joy of cooking but made MUCH better!!)
~~Side note, everything I use in this is organic except for the Baking Powder (and I guess Kosher Salt is technically not organic). So my sugar is less refined and I think it does add something to the texture. Like using sugar in the raw. Anyway, just an observation. OH, my chocolate chips are Toll House. Those are not organic. BUT the best... :)
Preheat oven to 350.
sift together
1c whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
2 1/2 tsp double acting baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
cream with mixer
3/4 stick of butter
2/3 cup sugar
add in 1-2 eggs (I always use 2)
2-3 bananas mushed (I usually use 2 old ones and 1 new one that way the new one keeps its form a little and you get little bites of banana)
Add dry mixture into the wet by thirds, mixing completely between additions.
Once mixed, add in 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Pour/Spread into a greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan (like the one above!!!)
Bake about 30-40 mins until done.
Madison helps me make this every weekend. And we eat it though out the week. I just keep it out on the counter and so far it has never turned "bad". and that is here in Texas.
good luck! Seriously. TRY IT!! (oh and it is just as good with all whole wheat flour, but I cut it so Rob will eat it. He doesn't know that there is any whole wheat flour in it. So don't tell him!)
No comments:
Post a Comment