Yeah - that is what I thought too. "fancies?? what the hell are fancies" Well, Rob & I figured it out. Last night we went to the Aggie Women's Basketball game. Madison has never been to any sort of sport game so it was a first. she absolutely loved it! she loved all the people and the noise and I think most of all the Aggie Dancers (cringe!!! - Meredith says the only thing that their outfit and dance routine is missing is a pole... get the idea??) but hey - you also have to get into college and get good grades to be on the Aggie Dance team so there are worse things that she could be idolizing right now. She likes their pom poms. After 1/2 time when we left we bought her a little pom pom (it was $4.30) and she practically wanted to sleep with it!
So "where are the fancies" was actually "where are the dancers" because at halftime they go "into the tunnel with the basketball" She is so smart. This morning I was surprised that she wasn't asking about them but all the way home last night she was talking about it. she had a great time. And since the tickets were free from work and it was $1 night (all hot dogs, small drinks and small popcorn were $1) you just couldn't go wrong. It cost us $9 in food plus the $5 pom pom. And I think it is something that she will remember for a LONG time.
I wish I would have brought my camera. The look of pure joy and happiness on your child's face is one of those things that may not come around very often, but when it does, boy you remember that moment. And try like hell to recreate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment