Monday, February 2, 2009

Well Then

I wish I would have had my camera about 100 times this weekend. But sometimes I feel like I am living my daughters experiences through the lens instead of just being there and taking it all in.

Friday night Rob & I went out to eat because we had a gift card to Texas Road House. But we pulled up and there were at least 70 people outside waiting to get in. We figured we would go some other time. Like when the kids leave town. (college kids, not our kids!) We went to see the movie "Revolutionary Road". It is really weird, and not the thing to see pregnant. I will leave it at that. Both Rob and I were like "WTF is this!" is was like an M. Night Shamalan movie without the part at the end that makes it not weird and scary...

Saturday Rob had to work so Madison and I ran around town doing errands. We we to target to register for ((more)) stuff. We went to the mall so I could return some things and we had lunch with Meredith. Then we went to Hobby Lobby to get more scrapbooking stuff. Then we went home and I FINALLY got 1/2 of her baby book done. Well between Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday I got 1/2 done. :)

Yesterday Rob, Madison and I planted bulbs from his brothers wedding (they were married in Central Park, so their gift to everyone was Daffodil bulbs from the Central Park Flowers) in my flower garden and then went and dug up some narcissus from on of Rob's infill lots and planted them in my garden too. As it turns out, looking online, they seem to sell for a little over $1 a bulb and we planted at least 100 yesterday... good savings! :)

We had Meredith and Brendon over for Superbowl and Rob did his famous Ribs and we had bratwurst and steak. I cooked up some collard greens from the garden and roasted some potatoes (not from the garden) with salt, pepper and rosemary (yes, from the garden). We have been eating a lot from there and it amazes me every time just how much better home grown organic really tastes!

OK, so about the pictures I have in my head but not on my camera. Madison at one point last evening, when the sun light was just turning orange, went outside and sat on our chaise lounge and had her knees up by her chin and was leaning forward and she looked like some kind of 50's movie star. She was just so big, sitting out there, by herself enjoying the weather and sunlight. In her own little world. That will be in my mind forever. That is really the only one I can put into words... The planting and such were cute, but this one moment. It was amazing. It was like seeing a glimpse of the future. Of her future.

No comments: