Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gotta love bread

So this past weekend I made bread. Not the first time ever but the first time in a long time. The recipe that I used for the 2 loaves on Saturday will never be used again. The bread was GREAT - but the entire thing took from about 11am to 6pm. And I got frustrated and cut out one of the rises (I mean seriously who rises bread like 5 times???). And there were steps to follow every 30-60 mins. which meant I couldn't leave and go do anything.

Then on Monday night I decided to make some more and followed the white bread recipe from Baking with Julia. I did everything just like that recipe, except I added 1/2 whole wheat flour. I haven't had any of that bread yet but it was SO much easier and looks just as good if not better. I meant to bring pictures to post, but I forgot. It took me maybe 2.5 hours to make it from start to finish. and the majority of that time I was doing something else because about 2 hours of it was waiting. SO much better. I could get used to this home made bread thing. :)

No comments: